Re: (ET) Replace a lift strap, motor, etc....

On 2/2/2015 7:35 PM, Rob Brockway wrote:
My snow blower motor had a small shunt winding.  This speed limiting
winding drew aprox 6 amps and limited the no load speed to around 3200 to
3600 rpm.  Without this there would be potential to overspeed the entire
snow blower.

True, it's not really a series motor. Technically it's a compound motor. Likewise the E20 motor is not really a shunt motor, it's a compound motor as there is a small field in series with the armature. That's why the motor runs a bit different in reverse than forward (the E15 is different).

Sent from my iPad