Re: (ET) A Cause of Poor Lift Performance

On 1/26/2015 9:53 PM, Nick Skinner wrote:
As part of a rebuild, I always replace the old bushings with new of the
oilite variety. Depending on the extent of the damage, sometimes the
shaft requires replacement also. When I'm done with these replacements,
you can turn the gear with fingertip pressure and roll the shaft
effortlessly between your index finger and thumb. The proof is in the
result. All of the units I've rebuilt can lift a snow blower in little
over 5 seconds and a dozer blade in around 3 with it's original
attachment point.

All great points; the goal in every case is to minimize friction in the lift, as when you're tossing on a 200+ pound snowblower or tiller that friction adds up.

I'd also recommend to check and replace the two rollers in the lift itself, if those seize then the strap is basically being dragged across the roller. If anyone knows where to replace those with real roller-bearing rollers *that* would be a nice thing. The snowblower seems to have that in it's attachment point.