(ET) battery cables

I need to replace a couple of the shorter battery cables.  The current (ha
ha) cables are 4 gauge and may not be original?

I have a vague idea that I've read that heavier cables would be better.
If so, what size, and where's the best/least expensive place to get them?
I do not want to make my own, as I understand they really need to be
crimped with the appropriate  tooling.

My batteries have golf cart studs.  Were the original E-T cables/batteries
car type posts?

For some reason the E-T index is not allowing searches?

Thanks.

Thon