Re: (ET) battery cables

Don't know if they were original, but my cables were for automotive lugs.  I couldn't find them when I replaced my pack.  I made my own cables using four lengths of 10 gauge wire, crimped into Home Depot / Lowes ring terminals.  They have the same total copper cross-section as the originals and stay cooler.

To attach to the posts I used a washer, Belleville washer and nut.  Tighten only until snug - the Belleville (spring) washer applies the force.  These have been in place for years now, never got hot or loose.

To make the crimps I just used a hammer crimper.  Some people look down on these, but they're really pretty idiot proof.  At around $15, everyone should have one.

Chris