Fw: (ET) Battery Cables

Unfortunately, I can't tell you very much. My son-in-law completely rebuilt
the E10M this spring & summer for me. He ordered a lot of parts for it. I
can't find an invoice for it, although I might run across it later. I can't
tell you anything about the prices unless I find the Invoice. I must have
COD'd it and paid cash.

I can tell you a little about the cables; my E10M takes seven battery
cables
of four types, I believe. It has 6 batteries mounted three in front and
three in back. The cables are: Two cables, an end cable for the end
terminal
of the front and for the rear battery pack into the tractor connections
under the panel. The plus cable goes to the fusible link; the negative
cable
to the drive motor. (I think that the two just differ in length.) One cable
goes from the rear set to the front set of batteries. There there are four
identical cables that go between batteries.

That's about all I can say from memory. It is interesting that the only
part
of the tractor that was corroded badly enough to replace was the body panel
going across the back of the rear battery compartment. Not bad for about 30
years exposure to battery acid. I bought the tractor new in the early
'70's.

I have an old parts list that I got from Bill a long time ago. It isn't
much
help because the Part name or description is too vague and doesn't specify
which model of tractor it applies to.

Herb Crary