Re: (ET) E20EA troubles - and here comes the snow!

Plow is not right for this much snow. The blower would have been the RIGHT tool. The plow was only ok.

The challenges in snow this deep (>2') include:
- blade rides up with increased pressure... not bad, you can build banks that way (about a 25 or 30 degree ramp, final pushes at bttom give about 45 degrees), see pic... http://www.flickr.com/photos/26110615@N03/8465411569/ and note the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink added weight)
- spill over the top, spill in from the sides... even if you could keep the blade down, snow would fall back in from beside you and over the blade as you pushed an ever-larger pile ahead of you. And of course you have to keep the amount of snow very small around the wheels for traction.
- angled blade is worthless... you can't push laterally for beans against that much mass.

What this all means is frontal pushes, forward 8', back 6', repeat. Many, many times.

One more pic... a long way to go. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26110615@N03/8466513786/