Re: (ET) E20EA troubles - and here comes the snow!

   From: Christopher Zach <cz alembic crystel com>
   Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:52:14 -0500

   Anyone else digging out in the NE with an Elec-trak?

We dug out with our Electric Ox with 4 12v 135AH (nominal) AGM
batteries and a 2-stage blower.  The blower works great, but the
traction was kind of marginal.  Probably we should get chains.  The Ox
has separate drive motors on the 2 wheels, so it's better than the
Elec-trak in this regard, but it is still a struggle to go up a
slippery hill pushing a heavy blower.  It took about 4 charges to
remove about 2 feet of snow from our driveway and parking areas.
Nevertheless at 4 p.m. Saturday when the governor said it was legal to
drive again we were ready to do so.

The biggest headache in this whole procedure was dealing with snow
that was higher than the blower intake.  You have to make 2 passes at
it, one with the blower lifted and one with it down.  It occurred to
me to extend the intake, with a slanted piece of metal, perhaps.  But
then I wasn't sure if this would be such a good idea because it would
make it much harder to see the snowbank that I was trying to attack.

                                        Ken