Re: (ET) E20EA troubles - and here comes the snow!

The biggest headache in this whole procedure was dealing with snow
that was higher than the blower intake.  You have to make 2 passes at
it, one with the blower lifted and one with it down.  It occurred to
me to extend the intake, with a slanted piece of metal, perhaps.  But
then I wasn't sure if this would be such a good idea because it would
make it much harder to see the snowbank that I was trying to attack.

That's a problem. I used the lift heavily on my tractor to handle that, or I would undercut it, then back off so it would collapse the top, then hit it again. Keeping the auger full was never a problem :-)

I did consider installing drift cutters on the sides of the blower; three days after the first fall we had another 2 feet, and the drifts were getting insane. But I managed to clear it with the lift trick.

With the lift powered by 36 volt now, this would take a lot less time. Not sure though if I would burn out the lift.