Re: (ET) I-5 foot pedal .vs. cruise control

More experimentation...  D1 in cruise slow (no field weakening) seems
to be pretty good for mowing with the I-5 as long as the cutters are
razor sharp.  Thanks for all the info, guys!

I have noticed an interesting phenomena, though.  If I'm at a dead
stop in D1, and I jam the foot pedal down, the tractor will start
rolling along, and eventually when it gets going fast enough it
suddenly surges to a higher speed and the green dash light goes on.

HOWEVER... I don't actually have to wait for the speed to inch up to
"green light" range, I can just push the cruise control button as soon
as I'm rolling, and the tractor will instantly speed up and the light
will come on.

Turning OFF the cruise is not so smooth - the motor seems to want to
keep going until the tractor's been dragged to a dead stop by the
friction brake, so it's actually quicker to stand up and release the
seat switch.

--Charlie