(ET) Personal web sites - off-topic

David Roden wrote:

Thus, if you want your pictures to be visible to the world, I suggest that
you post them somewhere that DOES NOT require viewers to log in and/or agree
to let large companies harvest their personal data.

IMO, the best place to post them is on your own website that you fully control.

I agree with having your own web site. However, you have to know a little bit about creating a web page. This can easily be done with Microsoft Word or Publisher, then saving as "web page"

I would like to suggest a a web hosting service that I use for two websites, which charges me nothing beyond the $15/year for the domain names, which you have to spend no matter who hosts your site.

That host is 50webs.com. The web sites that I have are:
and

You will notice that there is NO ADVERTISING on these sites, not even a note about "hosted by 50webs.com".

I previously used GoDaddy.com, which charged me a fee to host a web site, and still insisted on putting their own ad on every page. Before that I used a free site on America Online - then one day they sent me a notice that they were discontinuing that service. Kaput - everything gone!

No, I do not get any kickbacks from 50webs.com; I just like the deal they give me.

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN