Re: (ET) My new toy

On 20 Feb 2012 at 9:20, Mike Finck wrote:

> As soon as I clicked on the link Google installed itself and asked if
> he could become my search tool.  It took  several windows of "no" to
> get rid of that pesky critter.

I hope you really ARE rid of it!

A safer way to view risky pages is to turn off Javascript in your browser
before doing so.  And whatever you do, DO NOT use Internet Explorer to
view
a suspect page.

Personally, I also add two more (permanent) layers of protection - Linux
rather than Windows or Mac, and a host file that blocks most of the
malware
and spyware URLs.

So I guess I'm taking a shower with 4 raincoats on. ;-)  But not such a
bad
idea since the web is rife with "disease" these days.

Sorry for the off topic post, but I suspect that most of us like to look
at
pictures of others' ET projects.  It's a great way to get ideas and
inspiration.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA