Re: (ET) sparks!

I find the removal and especially the re-installation of the wound drive motors from the tractor to be the biggest pain in the process. At least when the tractor has all its batteries inside.

RJ - care to explain your "kite string" trick?

RJ Kanary wrote:
It's not a big deal. The only 'trick' is to keep the brushes cocked in the holders until they are over the commutator during reassembly.Some folks prefer using short pieces of kite string to hold them at bay.

They are a lot less exciting to assemble than the permanent magnet motors. :) (*PINCH!* OUCH! )

Inspect the brush holder assembly carefully. Many of these left the plant with the rivet securing one connection loose. Burn, fry, not GOOD.Also the screw securing the brush braid to it's terminal is sometimes found loose. Polish those surfaces to brightness, then re-secure.

--
Jim Coate
*The Electric Tractor Store*

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/