Re: (ET) A new coat of paint....

You can't paint galvanized steel if the zinc has had enough time to oxidize, as the paint won't stick. But if you do it quick enough it works. I don't know if the time is seconds, hours or days. My local galvanizing place offers to paint it when they finish galvanizing. They are V&S Galvanizing, with several locations nationwide.
For others, try the Yellow Pages or Mr Google. He knows a lot of stuff.

Harry Landis