(ET) A new coat of paint....

Can really make your Elec-trak look a lot better. It's been about 6 years since I last put some paint on mine, and it was looking shabby on the front lid. A quick coat of Home Depot proper yellow paint (I have the numbers if anyone's interested; they did an *excellent* match) and the tractor looks much more happy.

Now I need to think about the deck: There are a number of pinholes in the back of it, and I'm worried it will fall apart. Plus the baffles have rusted away from their bolts in a few places. I've tried to use the welder to seal up the holes, but it only burned the metal and made the one I tried *bigger*. Braising sort of works, but that takes a *lot* of heat and there are a number of holes.

What's the best way to close them, if anything? I think once I get them closed and the deck painted it should solve the rust problem (now that it's *finally* indoors). Still need to fix the transmission; every time I drive it and put it away there is a small puddle under it the next time. But then when I clean it up, there's nothing else till the next time I move it under power. I wonder where all the oil is coming from.

Chris