Re: (ET) Fully charged pack voltage

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, John J Casey wrote:

There was much back and forth about batteries lately, almost too much for
me
to follow.  T. Humphrey posted useful voltage numbers and the fllwg may
also
be useful.  My T105's have 39 charge cycles (18 hrs per cycle) using the
oem
charger:45.2 full chg
42.2 1 min
41.5 5 min
40.5 30 min
40.2 1 hr
39.6 3 hr
39.2 6 hr
38.8 24 hr
38.3 48 hr
38.2 72 hr

Thanks John, that is very useful data. Based on that, I would say that ~38.2 V appears to be the "resting" open circuit voltage of a fully charged pack, after the surface charge has dissipated (or in the terms I prefer - after the Gibbs free energy of the reaction has settled to its normal value, due to the concentration of sulfate and H+ ions returning to normal).

Mike