To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2007 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) PVC Battery box liner

My concern would be the same as it is with the original polybags - trapping
moisture between the bag and the battery box.

I think you're better off using a good, solid, durable, corrosion-resistant coating on the steel. The question is - what? Ordinary paint won't do the job. Some folks say POR-15 will. Others recommend epoxy based pickup truck
bedliner material.  Powdercoating?  Galvanizing?

I don't use or need any of these, as my ET is fitted with gel batteries,
minimizing the problem at its source.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

    The only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world
    of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

                            -- Richard Nixon, "Real Peace"(1983)