Re: (ET) PVC Battery box liner

Well, the big problem I see is confining the acid. I have the spacers and the tray in there to hold the liner away from the box. I'll know in a year how well they work.

Regards,

Brad Fayette
"The geeks shall inherit the Earth."

Christopher Zach wrote:

David Roden wrote:
My concern would be the same as it is with the original polybags - trapping moisture between the bag and the battery box. I think you're better off using a good, solid, durable, corrosion-resistant coating on the steel. The question is - what? Ordinary paint won't do the job. Some folks say POR-15 will. Others recommend epoxy based pickup truck bedliner material. Powdercoating? Galvanizing?

*nod* I would agree; the key is to keep the moisture away from the steel. Second reason is to keep the acid away from the steel if possible; that is why I think the bags plus battery tray did the job.

Right now my BB600's are in there without bags; I wonder if their KaOH is neutralizing the battery acid that was in the steel. If so I wonder if they will corrode the steel eventually as well.

Chris