(ET) Powder coat colors (was: PVC Battery box liner)

I have looked into powder coat colors as well...

There is no standard RAL yellow that remotely matches and I have yet to find any stock yellow that comes close. So, I am considering getting a custom powder mix. If I were to do so, would others want to buy some of the powder? You would either need the application equipment and oven to apply it yourself, or take it to a local shop. In very general terms, standard colors in small quantities are < $5/pound. The custom color would likely be $10 to $15/pound.

For the red and orange, there are standard colors that are a reasonable match. I will find my notes and post the details shortly.

Mike Wallace wrote:

... The folks at DuPont Powder Coatings feel an
epoxy powder coat will "provide excellent resistance to 40% solutions of sulfuric acid". According to my info, that should about the concentration of battery acid.

If I ever get my powder coating oven finished, it will be big enough to cure the entire frame box of an E8 / E10 small frame ET. I have a parted out New Idea EGT100 frame box that is in really good shape that I may try to powder coat.

BTW, does anyone know the RAL number for the powder that most closely matches GE yellow, or Wheel Horse red, or New Idea orange?

Mike in KY

--
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak's