Re: (ET) PVC Battery box liner

How about the spray on truck bed liner?? Pretty tough stuff.

At 11:50 PM 2/24/2007, you wrote:
David Roden wrote:
> My concern would be the same as it is with the original polybags - trapping
> moisture between the bag and the battery box.
>
> I think you're better off using a good, solid, durable, corrosion-resistant > coating on the steel. The question is - what? Ordinary paint won't do the > job. Some folks say POR-15 will. Others recommend epoxy based pickup truck
> bedliner material.  Powdercoating?  Galvanizing?

*nod* I would agree; the key is to keep the moisture away from the
steel. Second reason is to keep the acid away from the steel if
possible; that is why I think the bags plus battery tray did the job.

Right now my BB600's are in there without bags; I wonder if their KaOH
is neutralizing the battery acid that was in the steel. If so I wonder
if they will corrode the steel eventually as well.

Chris