Re: (ET) PVC Battery box liner

Polyethelyne is not particularly good for the use of resisting battery
acid fumes   - witness GE's solution of puting sheet poly liners in
battery boxes. The plastic pans below, evidently a different type of
poly, lasted but the side liners fell apart quickly.   Yours should be
thick enough to last.  However, beware of trapped acid fumes between the
plastic and the box sides.  Tried this yrs ago using 'storm door plastic'
on my first Etrack and the inside of the boxes actually rotted away
faster from the trapped acid fume laden moisture.  I now paint the boxes
inside with liquid type asphalt roof seal. and let it dry a week or two
before putting the batteries back.  That works.

Dave
Weymouth MA