Re: (ET) The battery hunt

Kelly Williams wrote:
More thoughts?  What might the 12V SLA's be like in an
E12M that wants to mow about 0.6 acre on a slight
slope?

The stock charger will destroy the SLAs in short order. Reason is it is tuned to put in over 20 amps until the pack hits 44 volts, then it tapers off to 2a at 45 volts. It's actually pretty impressive.

This will not hurt a T105 too much (you just add water) but on SLA batteries you can't add water. So they will die.

I'd say put a pair of Zener regs and lamps on each battery, but that will not help against the E20 charger. Get a good set of golf cart batteries and build one of my battery monitors.

Chris