Re: (ET) Thanks you David C Robie

Not only that, but the batteries get recycled to a place which uses their
remaining lifespans up.  Be sure, if you get these used batts, that you
get a couple more than you need as some of em out there might be real
bad.  Like hangng around in a fully discharged state and sulfated.  Some
of the batts I am using are even 'pregnant ' (swelled cases) which
usually means sulfation or they have been frozen while discharged.  But
they run Etractors.
    If you got more than one tractor and one of em has a snownlower, put
your best batteries in it.  GE blowers are fussy and draw heavy current.

   It's just like putting your 'dead' digital camera batteries in your
penlites.  They won't run the camera any more but run flashlights ok and
some other stuff.  Even pretty dead flashlight batteries run LED
flashlights.
(tip;  get all those old flashlight etc batteries that are hanging around
 together, check em for voltage, lining up on the bench left to right,
right being the highest voltage ones.  Then put your meter on the '10A'
range and just tick each batt in line with the probe.  Anything that
delivers over 2A when you tick  it is good.  If it don't, chuck it.  Even
flashlight battries exist that will deliver voltage but not current.
(chemical decomposition causes hi internal resistance)  Result; you buy
less batteries by cycling em though less demanding applications.

Just think, Geoff,  we are doing things that bigtime degree engineers
can't concieve of.  We,  according to all the theory in all the
electrical engineering books in the world, are supposed to throw these
things away (to the recycle pits, of course).

Many EV people in New England have Etractors.  I ain't the only one using
ex-EV batts.  Most all do.

Dave
Weymouth MA