Re: (ET) inverter

Search the archives for "Rediline".  I tried to get a summary of this
question last year sometime.

Rediline is the rotary inverter.  Yeah Mike, it seems inefficient but I
guess it's a pretty
clean sinewave.  I think you could get Rediline to make one for you new
for under $500, and if
you're lucky you could find a used one for 2 or $300.

Then there's the Tripp Lite "APS3636VR 3-function DC-to-AC inverter with
auto line-to-battery
transfer and integrated charging system"
http://www.tripplite.com/products/product.cfm?productID=173
for MSRP $1272. I've seen em for under $900 but that's still out of my
range right now.  But I
think that's the one I'd buy

Steve Bell said:
"OutBack Power makes a mobile version of their FX inverters with a 32 /36
VDC input. There is a sealed unit rated for 2500 VA that includes 35-amp
battery charger function and a vented version that is rated for 3200 VA
and 45-amps
of battery charging. These are really good units. They are worth checking
out."

Then I think you could probably get Rich Rudman at Manzanita Micro to make
what you want, but
it would cost you...

Joel