Re: (ET) ok, not the fusible link

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006, Michael Neverdosky wrote:

I would replace the fuse holder that you tried to fix.

Fuse holders are under high stress and are not easy to repair.
Replacement is far more reliable.

I didn't actually "fix" the fuse holder, I bypassed it, putting in a new inline fuse holder, instead of using the original fuse holder. That part seems to be working fine now (after all, I can drive in reverse). I found a few posts in the archives from people who had similar problems - seems like either the forward/reverse relay or where it connects to card 1 (loose connection) are the most likely culprits. Need to figure out where the forward/reverse relay connects to card 1 - haven't had much luck finding where that's shown in the service manual. Also need to test the forward/reverse relay to see if it's toast. It definitely works fine going to reverse - how do they fail normally? It seems like when I try to go forward, I'm getting current in the armature of the drive motor, just no field. Looks like the forward/reverse relay controls the field for the drive motor, so that seems a plausible explanation.

Mike

michael