Re: (ET) cordless electric mower

On 22 Jul 2006 at 9:25, Joel Parks wrote:

> Neuton ...

I also know someone who has one and really likes it.  She doesn't have a
spare battery, but I think the readily exchangeable battery is an
excellent
idea.

The main disadvantage to the Neuton is its very small cutting width -
something like 13" if I recall correctly.

I have an old corded B&D MM-450 which has worked for me since 1994, though
I've had to repair it several times.  Some of these are normal service
items, but I've fitted new motor brushes, a new power switch, underdeck
fan,
blade hardware, and of course a couple of blades.  Currently the plastic
wheels are worn out and rubbing on the deck; regrettably the old ones are
held on by those pesky push-on caps, so I'm not sure how to replace them.

FYI, its mulching is so-so.  I think I've lost the close-off plate because
quickly decided it was more hassle than it was worth.  But the newer ones
have a very different deck design, so they might work better.

Anyway, I guess this would be a limited endorsement for either the Neuton
or
the B&D.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

me a private message, please use "evadm at drmm period net."
Weighing in at 2 1/2 tons and representing the USA ...

                -- Ad for a Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck