Re: (ET) cordless electric mower

I guess I should chime in here, too.  We've had a B&D 12V cordless mower
for
about 10 years, replaced the main battery once, then when that one started
to get weaker I wired in parallel two of the small 12V-7Ahr batteries,
duck-taped to the top of the mower.  I did put in a set of the small
Anderson connectors, but also made about 1" of the exposed wires to these
batteries bare, and I just clip on the basic auto battery charger for a
while to charge it (not timed or anything).  My vague recollection of
adding
the batteries and using that charger were that the range started to be just
awful, and I figured out it was the charger, not the battery.  It was
easier
to tape on the other batteries, since I had them hanging around unused, and
use the car charger than to try to figure out how to fix the onboard
charger.  Oh, and it used to have a "key" to allow it to run, we use a
hooked piece of stiff 10 gauge solid wire to accomplish that purpose,
definitely a hack job on that one.

All in all, we still really like it, and use it a lot, for the small areas
where the tractor won't fit.

Doug McCorkle
Very happily recently Alltraxed E15