Re: (ET) panels - materials besides steel ?

A few months back someone posted that the side panels seemed to have structural functions. As in he had operated the tractor without panels and the frame bent. So... plastic panels may not be a good idea?

I had thought that stainless steel would survive the acid just fine, but recent posts make me wonder?

JBR wrote:
Does battery acid attack stainless ?
Would Fiberglass (epoxy resin or polyester resin) be more resistant ?

What are modern battery cases made from - polypropylene ?

What about carbon fibers, etc ?

What type plastic are the Black & Decker Cordless mower decks made out of ?