Re: (ET) Panels/Batt Boxes - poly plastics & angle Iron, etc

How do they weld the plastics ?
Solvent, thermal, ultrasonics ?
I have lots of angle iron lying around ...
Also, same type battery boxes sound workable for Comuta-Cars (except
aluminum
angle).

So, another new fabrication/material joining process needs to be learned
I bought the 'Gingery' book on injection molding last year, but welding
polyethylene sheet seams into a box sounds like MUCH less work - especially
due to the size (though a 1 piece molded box might be great).

It might be really nice if somebody somewhere made a poly box that happened
 to fit 2 or 4 golfcart batteries, with minimal modification ...

Anyone ever try reshaping (bending 90 degrees, etc) plastic sheet - such
as
old plastic 55 gallon drum, or a heavy plastic pond liner (the thick type)
?
I saw a guy do a fair job on a sheet of plexiglas years ago with a quartz
fuser rod from a large old copier - so I am looking for a poratble quartz
rod
heater to salvage the rods from.