Re: (ET) mulching

By noticing that I could mow faster with less throttle on the gas
engine and the engine would be loaded down less in thick sections.

I cannot over stress the importance of SHARP blades.

Perhaps you could get a blade maker to make a very thin, light
mulching blade especially for electric mowers, if they don't already
exist.
The electric doesn't need the flywheel effect of the blade and a
thinner blade will have less air resistance.
I don't think that it is the weight that makes much difference.

michael

On 5/23/06, Michael S Briggs <msbriggs alberti unh edu> wrote:

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Michael Neverdosky wrote:

> I do not have an ET but can comment on the Gator blades.
>
> I used the Gator blades on several gas mowers and found they needed
> less power to cut and mulch than most standard blades needed to cut
> and spray grass.
> It is important to keep them SHARP!

Michael, very interesting. How were you measuring the power required?