Re: (ET) mulching

Go to:

http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mhonarc/elec-trak/

I was able to search from there.

In short - yes you can set up for mulching and at least one member has done that. There are blades available (gator?) that just need a spacer to adapt the larger mounting hole on the blades. You will be driving the motors harder - there should be some info on all this in the archives.

- SteveS

Michael S Briggs wrote:
I tried searching about this from the webpage, but keep getting a file not found error whenever I try searching. So, I'll just ask the list. Can an Elec-Trak be converted to a mulching mower (presumably by putting on mulching blades, and covering up the outlet out which the grass is normally sprayed)? I'd assume you could do that with essentially any mower - just wondering if anyone has with an Elec-Trak, or if there's some reason you can't (odd design of the mower deck, etc.).

Thanks,
Mike