Re: (ET) Alltrax install!

On 23 Feb 2006 at 1:19, Ralph & Elaine Vogan wrote:

> look at the wiring diagram for the Alltrax.  You will see the SEAT
> SW., KEY SW., & BRAKE SW. are wired to the MAIN CONTACTOR.  Turning off
> any of these will turn off the power to the Alltrax unit.

I have that very diagram right here on my computer. If you need a copy,
you
can download it from here :

http://www.alltraxinc.com/old/Manuals/DCX-ET%20Manual.zip

Just expand the compressed archive and you'll find the diagram as a .bmp
file, which should be readable with most graphics programs.

According to the diagram, those safety switches connect to the KSI
(keyswitch) input of the controller (6th pin from the left), not to the
main
contactor.

Battery voltage on the KSI terminal enables driving current from the
controller.
 Any time the main disconnect is on, battery + is also applied to the 8th
and
9th pins (designated logic B+ and B+ power respectively).  These are
supplied from a tap *ahead* of the main contactor.  The main contactor
coil is