Re: (ET) New wiring question?

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 12:25:44PM -0500, steves wrote:
> >1) no-one makes a butt-splice with a tee on it, that I can find.
> >
> > 2) The location is too cramped and awkward to use the hammer crimper.
> >
> > 3) I don't really want to spend $200+ on a real crimp tool, for one
> > crimp.
> >
> > 4) no tool rental places have such tools.
> >
> > Would love to hear any ideas!
> >
> > Graham
>

> 2 - Is there room to use a vise or something similiar with the hammer
> crimper?
>
> 3,4 - Where are you located? I have a crimp tool and could lend it to
> you if that's any help. It's heavy though and may cost a bit to ship
> back and forth.

Sorry to disappear for a few days after asking a question and getting so
many helpful replies. My wife is having a baby in the next few days, so
I haven't been paying 100% attention to the list... and, to be honest, I
also begin to wonder when I will finish this project! Although, it is
her car, so there will be incentive to let me spend time on it :-)

I thought I'd take a photo of the offending connection, anyway. Here it
is: http://webusers.physics.umn.edu/~allan/urq-battcable.JPG

I think this is probably too far into the footwell to swing a large
hammer safely, but maybe a vise on the hammer-type crimper might work.

I'm in St. Paul, Minnesota, by the way...

Graham