Re: (ET) New wiring question?

How about making the connection with new wire someplace else and running the wires a little farther?

Harry Landis

From: Graham Allan <allan physics umn edu>
Subject: Re: (ET) New wiring question?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:54:30 -0600
I've found these before via google, here:
For far too long now I've been working on a car restoration. One of the
minor though problematic aspects is the battery cable, which runs from
the battery beneath the rear seat, through the passenger side footwell
towards the engine. Just before it heads through the firewall, it has a
stupid three-way crimp on it, where the two lengths of heavy (4ga)
join, as well a a tee to feed the electronics. As one might guess after
20+ years beneath the carpet, this crimp fell apart in a mass of green
corrosion, and I'm at a loss for how to re-make it.

1) no-one makes a butt-splice with a tee on it, that I can find.

2) The location is too cramped and awkward to use the hammer crimper.

3) I don't really want to spend $200+ on a real crimp tool, for one
crimp.

4) no tool rental places have such tools.

Would love to hear any ideas!

Graham