(ET) RE: E20 Wiring Diagram

Title: Message

This is a continuation of Mike Wallace comments on E20 wiring diagram which was shortened to comply with instructions from Digest..

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymon Ellis [mailto:raymonellis adelphia net]
Sent:
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:54 AM
To: 'Mike Wallace'
Cc: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: RE: E20 Wiring Diagram

Mike,

I thought that CB-1 was mainly a heat-sensing circuit breaker which was mounted on the outside of the main motor to trip at some high motor temperature cutting the current to everything including the PTO. My only reference was Page 6-7 in the manual which reads that the difference in the E20 over the E15 is the “physical size, available torque, the heat-sensing circuit breaker, and the field connection plug.”  With that in mind I decided to shorten the leads to the motor which probably was wrong and based on your comments I will now undo and connect as the original schematic shows. I may buy some better wire one day as you have but not now. Thank you for pointing out that CB-1 is a Klixon and primarily an over current device to protect the armature. You’re wide awake! Raymon