(ET) wiring

On my JD90, also a single speed motor with tranny, there are two solenoids that actually comtrol the drive motor and mower motors. On the drive motor, the clutch pedal has to be "down" before the motor will start. on the mowers, the solenoid will dro out if you turn off the key and the motor will "coast" down, the mower control switch pits a load on the motors to stop the rotation faster.

I'd be careful about what you take out, I'd guess that those solenoilds are needed.

wombat