(ET) Wheelhgorse E-141

I am in the process of rewiring my E-141 - prompted by starting problems
which I believe were centered in the built in charge-control in
Wheelhorses own charging system.  Since I don't use that system to
charge my batteries, I decided to just remove the charge control.  This
is a task and a half due to the complex way Wheelhorse created for
gaining access to the main wiring.  When I did finally gain access,
there is a maze of wires.  My working theory is to remove all wires
whose function I do not know and install/keep only those that I know are
needed.

This 36V system draws power at two places - the main motor that drives
the wheels and an outlet where the more deck plugs in.
Because it has a transmission, the motor is a single speed motor.

I'm at the point where I have some questions:

1.  There is a board that has two solenoid switches and a printed
circuit board mounted on it.  I assume the printed circuit board is the
charge control and the whole thing can be removed.  Is that correct?

2.  I expected the main drive motor to have two terminals for the two
cables that provide it with power.  But it has four terminals - two for
the main cables and two with small wires that I cannot trace and whose
function I do not know.  does anyone know their function?

3. On the dash there are two controls, a main cutoff switch and a key
start/stop.  It appears to me that the main cutoff switch, which is
primarily a safety switch, acts to cutoff the negative lead from the
battery, thus cutting off the ground.  But I am not sure (in the process
of dismantling, things got a bit mixed up).  I would have expected this
cutoff switch to disconnect the positive side from the battery.  Which
is it?

Thanks
Erick Smith

PS  I still have three 36V chargers to give away to the first person who
wants to pick them up near Ithaca, NY - one Lester and two Wheelhorse.