Re: (ET) Using Alltrax in E20

CleanPower wrote:

Hi
With an eye toward installing an Alltrax controller I have the following
question:
From what I see in the Alltrax schematic,reverse rotation is obtained by
reversing the field current. While this was commonplace practice on the
EARLY E15 , The E20 always reversed the armature current to obtain reverse
rotation. To those of you who have installed them in an E20: Is it working
OK to reverse the field current?

Thank You,
Harold Z.

I was the 1st. to install an AllTrax in an E20. I am still using the original unit and software with no problems to report. Reversing the field works great. One thing is the small shunt field coil does not reverse in reverse. It actually gives you more speed and power in reverse and no speed regulation. That is good when plowing or blowing snow, or backing away from flowers when mowing. It does change speed when you try to back up & down hills, but it's not a real problem.

Ralph
ralphgv centurytel net