RE: (ET) Using Alltrax in E20

I have the Alltrax in an I-5 which is mostly the same as an E20. The alltrax works great, at 90 degrees mowing lawns and -10 pushing snow. It reverses direction without regard to throttle. it simply ramps down and then back up in the other direction.
I don't know how or why it works, but it does. and i  like it
John Briese

From: "CleanPower" <cleanpower att net>
To: elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Using Alltrax in E20
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:02:14 EDT

 Hi
With an eye toward installing an Alltrax controller I have the following question: From what I see in the Alltrax schematic,reverse rotation is obtained by reversing the field current. While this was commonplace practice on the EARLY E15 , The E20 always reversed the armature current to obtain reverse rotation. To those of you who have installed them in an E20: Is it working OK to reverse the field current?

 Thank You,
Harold Z.