Re: (ET) Lift motor

Before you think your motor is fried please check the voltages on all 3 wires while using the switch. Mine lost "down", and I couldn't figure out why. I was about to replace the switch (a massive pain since one of my screws there is sheared) then traced the wires.

The lift motor goes thru at least *two* molex plugs between the switch and the motor. One of the pins on one of these plugs was loose, thus my problem. Since the lift motor takes a *LOT* of current when lifting the blower I'm thinking of putting in a pair of 30 amp relays in front wired directly to the batteries with 10 gauge wire to limit current losses.

Chris

Rod Hower wrote:
The lift motor has 3 terminals, one 'horizontal' and
two 'vertical'.  If I apply 18V to one pair it should
lift and should lower between the other pair.
I think my lift motor is fried.  Anybody have one
avialable? Harold, do you have one in those recently
listed parts?  I have lots of EV stuff to trade for
this motor, so bring it on.
I got the blade mounted with the lists help (thanks
Markus for those pictures!)  Now I need to lift and
lower, but I think my motor is cooked.
Thanks,
Rod