Re: (ET) Electric Chipper/Shredder?

Does it have an integral flywheel?

What RPM did the PTO run at?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Klein Robert W NPRI" <KleinRW Npt NUWC Navy Mil>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 7:07 AM
Subject: (ET) Electric Chipper/Shredder?

> I recently picked up a ROTO HOE Mdl 500 chipper/shredder.  Originally
> came
with a 5hp to 12hp IC engine.  Thins one was engine less as it used the
power takeoff pulley from the guys tractor.   Anyway, I have a NOS E-20
drive motor sitting on my shelf and wanted to hear what everyone thought
about converting it to electric.  Is it as simple as some mounting bolts
and
the appropriately sized pulley?  Then I could just plug it into the mower
deck/snowblower plug and go to town!