Re: (ET) Electric Chipper/Shredder?

I have a converted chipper shredder with a GE series wound motor. I think it's rated at 2HP but it's almost as big as the E15 motor. It does well. I have to stop and let it wind back up after feeding a big branch, but it works. It's still loud so don't forget ear (and eye) protection. I use combo safety glasses/earplugs I got at Home Depot. The eyeglass earpieces end in earplugs - works well.

- SteveS

Klein Robert W NPRI wrote:

I recently picked up a ROTO HOE Mdl 500 chipper/shredder.  Originally came
with a 5hp to 12hp IC engine.  Thins one was engine less as it used the
power takeoff pulley from the guys tractor.   Anyway, I have a NOS E-20
drive motor sitting on my shelf and wanted to hear what everyone thought
about converting it to electric.  Is it as simple as some mounting bolts
and the appropriately sized pulley?  Then I could just plug it into the
mower deck/snowblower plug and go to town!

Bob Klein
Wheelhorse C-185