RE: (ET) Electric Chipper/Shredder?

Bob,

(assuming its the same motor as the E20 has)

I think that should work just fine. You would put the field in
parallel to the armature. I would keep the large klixon breaker
to interrupt power to the armature and field in case of an
overload. Maybe you would want to also hook up a large
contactor (like the PTO contactor) that could interrupt the
power. It would be triggered by an emergency stop switch mounted
directly on the chipper and by the motor internal temperature
switch (there are 4 small wires coming out of the motor,
two are the field, the other two are the temp. safety switch)

Without this emergency-off button it may be too dangerous to
operate the chipper a few feet away from the tractor as you
would be unable to turn it off from where you operate/feed
the chipper. Further more if you have a heavy duty resistor
laying around the contactor could break the motor by directing
induced armature current through the resistor. (you could also
short the armature but I think that would chew up the contactor
rather quickly).

Markus