Re: (ET) wiring diag help needed...

Thanks Ralph,  nice diagram!  I've printed it off and will study it.

my machine is an E12S and the correct page/diagram for it is 3-3 and 3-4,
if I remember right.  anyway it's labeled for model E12S

could you clarify your warning below...

>DO
> NOT CONNECT THE POWER LEADS TOGETHER.  NOTHING IS GROUNDED.  There is no
> momentary contact to stop the motors, the MOTOR LEADS are connected
> together when it is turned off by the PTO contactor.

I don't think I've done that.  that is if you mean don't bypass the the
contactor.  I have wire 2 going from the main disconnect switch to the
PTO, wire 3 from the PTO to the plug, wire 20 from the PTO to the plug and
wire 24 the third wire on the plug or socket goes down to the shunt's
battery negative.   My PTO switch does indeed have 3 wires (STDP ???) But
I only use 2 of them, wire 23 brings power to the switch and it goes out
wire 27 which I routed to the PTO. I "snipped" wire 26 and don't use it.
26 and 27 used to go to the circut card thence down to the PTO via wire
34.

I didn't take the old PTO contactor off.  It's an "open" design not sealed.
I don't understand how the motor braking works but the motors did stop
right away.  I wonder if that's when the controller got smoked?

Dave