Re: (ET) wiring diag help needed...

I do not have page 5-23, but when I installed my AllTrax I took out 99.9%
of
the wiring and started over.  It looked to confuseing to just remove the
right wires.  My mower motors brake when I shut then off.  DO NOT CONNECT
THE POWER LEADS TOGETHER.  NOTHING IS GROUNDED.  There is no momentary
contact to stop the motors, the MOTOR LEADS are connected together when it
is turned off by the PTO contactor.  It is possable to mix up the leads to
the PTO plug at the PTO contactor and cause a short when it is off.   Look
at my web site (the wiring page Ladder Diagram.
http://ralphgv.tripod.com/   Line 106 is the PTO contacts  (A normally
open,
B normally closed) There is a bus bar connected on the back of the
contactor, leave it on.  Line 109 shows the coil connections for the PTO
contactor, a safety plug that you don't need, the PTO dash switch, (your
circuit may be different here) and a normally open contact on the 1rtn
relay.  Your PTO dash switch may have 3 wires on it, if you left in the
2rtn
relay on an E20.  I used the 1rtn relay as a holding circuit for the seat
switch.  Also see the General Wiring Diagram  #4).  Compare it to your
wiring and see if you can find your problem.  Sorry my wire numbers are
different then the original ET's, but I used the new standarts for
diagraming.  Also check to see if the mower motor are turning in the right
direction when you get eveything working.  Somehow mine was running
backwards and  I had to switch the wires at the motors.  If I switched the
wires at the PTO plug I lost the braking.  Good Luck!

Ralph V
ralphgv centurytel net