From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Dan Conine
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 4:19 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Brake parts

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:00:37 -0400
From: Jim Coate <jbc coate org>

I can easily make or have made the mounting plate and even the brake
pads. The problem is the two top pieces with the funky curve and V shapes that provide the mechanical action... I'd consider getting a small run of these parts made if I knew a reasonable way to
do so. I'm
thinking it would be cheaper to cannibalize parts from some other standard item for a go-cart or ATV or some such if it exists, but I don't know of anything.

Any thoughts?

You could replace the funky lever with two parts: A straight lever, and a short piece of round stock with a v-groove cut in one face, and a slot cut in the other face to fit the lever. Match the angle to whatever is necessary. I'm not sure I know what you mean about the piece with the funky curve.

Dan C.
E-10
E-15