From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of D Howell
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 4:03 PM
To: Markus Lorch
Cc: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Mower motor strength requirements

Markus, the strange thing about the B&D is that the motor is rated at 5 peak HP.  That's so far from reality that it's a laugh.  My major complaint about the B&D CMM1000 I own is that it's too weak and doesn't cut well in my opinion.  I believe the "bad cut" to be related to the blade slowing too much in tough cut situations.  When the batteries are at full charge, it doesn't seem to be afficted as much with the cut problem.  If I had to guess at the real HP of this mower, I'd put it about 3/4.  I know how much power 3, 4, 5 hp motors have and this ain't even close.

Darryl