(ET) Mower Deck Questions

hi all.  I have an E-16 with the standard front mounted deck.  Looks like
there is an opening on the right side (closed but its there) that would
allow for side discharge.  Do you have to remove the baffles to do this,
and if so, is that it or is there a different baffle set?

About to send all 3 motors into Bill for a rebuild.  Running the original
bearings circa 1972 (can't say he didn't warn me).  Right motor is cutting
off alot now and either the motor or the blade is much much louder than
the left and center.  Sounds to me like blade noise but it doesn't appear
to be bent or whatever.  Thoughts on that appreciated also.

Regards,

Steve
E-16, mower, tiller, sleeve hitch and disk
Middle Tennessee