Re: (ET) E15 wiring question

Thanks Steve and Tom for the helpful suggestions. I am further along
now - although part of my diagnosis was way off before! Stupid really -
I tested the seat switch, and it does work, but then when testing other
things, I didn't rig it to push far down enough to activate. No wonder
nothing worked...

Keith also called me, armed with a wiring diagram, and figured out that
the large "6" terminal on the 1A contactor should have two large and
two small wires on it - which took care of the surplus small wire.

Now with the seat switch fully down I get *much* more activity...

The PTO works fine.

When pushing the speed selector forward - the motor doesn't run, and
the L contactor clicks on and off repeatedly.

Pushing the speed selector into reverse - the reverse relay hums
slightly but doesn't move fully. I measure 12v across the coil there -
surely it should be 36? That would explain it not moving fully, at
least.

I did talk to Bill Gunn this morning (I do still need to get hold of a
few missing parts) and he says the symptoms probably mean there's no
field current to the motor. So that gives me some more things to look
at when I get home...

Graham