RE: (ET) got it running

John I recently had my lights "come on superbright"
when I pushed the pedal.  Turned out to be a very
simple problem.  My headlight wires had got too close
to the big silver bands under the transformer mesh.
Because they get hot at slower speeds they cooked the
plastic off the wires, which allowed the wires to
touch them.  This allowed the lights to come on
anytime there was voltage to those windings.  The more
pedal I gave it, the brighter they became.

Darryl Howell
Smyrna GA