Re: (ET) E15 wiring question

On the extra wires ----

-The schematic shows three wires connect to IA pin 13, they go to 2A, L,
and
terminal 12 on the Control Card.

-Two wires connect to iA-36 and go to pin 11 on the control card and the 2A
switch.

- Three wires connect to 1A-6 and go to  L, ribbon resistor, and reverse
relay.  The reverse relay wire is probbaly a smaller gauge.

- Only one connection is drawn for terminal 7.

That may help figure things out. If not.....

On troubleshooting the motor not running -----

In general, since these things are old and obviously someone has 'messed'
with the wiring on this; I would first go thru all the wiring, wiggling
connections, etc. Chances are this will find the problem this way.

Not hearing any relays switch makes me think about the control card or it's
wiring. The lift can run without the control card, key switch, or seat
switch.

If the fuel gauge doesn't work, check the fuses.

For the motor to run, you need at least for the 'L' contactor to close. You
could try to jumper over the 'L' contactor to see if the motor runs (be in
neutral! and watch for sparks!). If it does, then it's probably the control
card or wiring.

Does the mower run (or power get to the PTO outlet?). That requires power
the control card.

Next I'd open the panel at the back (battery compartment) side of the dash
and check connections on the control card and relays.

Next, see if power gets to the control card. The PTO switches power between
pin 1 and 2. Reverse switches power to pin 8, and the start switch between
pins 5 and 6. (If I read the numbers on the schematic right). Also pin 12
is
the return and should be at 0 volts.

- See how that checks out and let us know, we can go on from there.

SteveS
E12Ss
E20